pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: PAN and Kubuntu

From: John Wendel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: PAN and Kubuntu
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:14:52 -0800

Duncan wrote:
André Fettouhi <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:57:48
+0100:

I have just started using PAN and I have some small problems with it.
When I download rar files, sometime PAN says that a file is
broken/corrupted and hence is not saved. My question is how can I get it
to save the corrupted file? Because when I'm done downloading I'm
missing more files than I have par files (and there no more available
for the files, i.e. posted) hence I cannot repair the archives. What do
I do then?

This ? in its various forms is becoming a FAQ.  Here's what I do.  It
works for me.

[SNIP]

I've noticed that several people have complained that PAN isn't saving broken files. I just wanted to report that I'm using 119 and it saves broken files just fine. Don't know what we might be doing differently, I just mark them and click on the save button, and save attachments. Then I run par/par2 to fix the broken parts.

Regards,

John