pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.119 Multiple servers. Howto?

From: Robert Krig
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.119 Multiple servers. Howto?
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 04:07:03 +0100

I dont know if there is a better way to do this, but here goes...

When you configure your multiple servers in pan, you have the option of selecting their priority or level or something like that. I've never used that feature, but have you tried fiddling with that and see if it results in the desired behaviour?

Scott schrieb:
I've got Pan configured to use three different servres.

I was expecting to find separate group lists for each server, but they
seem to be combined into one big list.

I find that rather odd, messy and somewhat confusing.  I've not seen that
on other newsreaders before.

My problem is that two of the servers carry most of the same newsgroups. I want to switch from using one server to the other.

I see you can use different posting profiles, but how do I *read* a
newsgroup from a different server?

TIA