pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: filter/rule: mark message as read

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: filter/rule: mark message as read
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:47:47 +0000 (UTC)

lidwien <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:21:31
+0100:

> In the old version I could make up a rule that would mark a message as
> read if the subject was starting with certain words. I can't find this
> option in the new version. I see that I can set the message to ignore, but
> then the message disappears from the list. And for me the message should
> stay 'visibly' in the list and marked as read as soon as the message
> enters the list.
>
> Is this still possible in the new version? If yes, can someone tell me
> how?

Not directly possible with the new version, no.  That's a feature that
should be returning sometime after 1.0 (which we are in feature freeze for
right now), presumably for 1.1, since there's already been some discussion
of it and Charles knows about what he wants to do.

It'll work using scores.  The way it'll probably be setup, likely with
checkboxes for each action as some might not want it handled
automatically, is that -9999/ignored will be auto-deleted, scored-negative
but not ignored will be auto-marked-read, and +9999/watched will be
auto-downloaded (probably to cache, not attachment saved).  There has been
some discussion as to whether the auto-download should extend (with
checkbox to enable each level separately) to high and medium scored posts
as well -- thus to anything with a positive score.  That would allow folks
that want to autodownload most posts to do so, without having to mark all
of them watched and thus lose the distinction of having a /real/ watched
score.