pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Can I not fetch headers from a particular server?

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Can I not fetch headers from a particular server?
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 16:11:07 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 16:15:55 +0100, Rhialto wrote:

> My ISP has its newssever accessible under 2 aliases: newszilla and
> newszilla6.xs4all.nl (which is its IPv6 address - and to promote IPv6
> everybody in the world can access it!). So the articles they have are
> the same. I am experimenting with IPv6 so I have them both listed as
> servers, but I don't need to fetch the headers of one of them.  Is there
> a way in which I can configure that?

I can't find a way to do it using pan, but I think you can do it by
editing your ~/.pan2/servers.xml.

Each server will have a entry something like this:
<newsrc>/home/walt/.pan2/newsrc-3</newsrc>

I would try changing that entry to, for example, newsrc-2 so that
both servers are using the same newsrc file.  Worth a try, anyway.