pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.122 won't 'make'

From: David Shochat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.122 won't 'make'
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 17:23:51 -0500

Jeff Berman wrote:
Thanks David.  Well, my machine runs Mac OS X, and I
use fink as sort of a Linux compatibility layer.  All
the Linux stuff resides in /sw, so yes, msgfmt does
exist but it's in /sw/bin/msgfmt.

Running configure shows this:
checking for msgfmt... /sw/bin/msgfmt

However, po/Makefile shows this:
GMSGFMT =
MSGFMT = XGETTEXT = :
Ok, I have a laptop with OS X which I've built pan on before, last time was 0.112 (I have macports, msgfmt is in /opt/local/bin).
I tried 0.122 on it and exactly duplicate the error you reported.