pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: very peculiar bug with EasySW news-server (home of CUPS)

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: very peculiar bug with EasySW news-server (home of CUPS)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:25:03 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:57:32 +0000, SciFi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Been noticing a peculiar thing with EasySW's news-servers (home of
> CUPS).
>
> Add 'news.easysw.com' to your Pan server list, get the list of groups,
> then subscribe to 'cups.commit'.
>
> Getting all headers shouldn't be too much at all.
>
> Go ahead to mark all headers read.
>
> Now, try getting new headers for that group, and you'll always be
> presented with a number (448) even if no new posts have been made.
>
> Go ahead to mark all headers read again, rinse & repeat -- you'll always
> see (448) new messages there...

No, I don't see the number 448 anywhere, but I do see a bunch of article
headers that apparently don't have bodies -- every article prior to March
2005, in fact.  When I mark the group as read and then return to the
group later on, all those headers are now gone -- until I fetch 'all'
headers for that group again.

Charles has made a remarkable number of commits to svn in the last two
days -- maybe he's taking new viamins -- so the 448 thingy may have just
been fixed in the latest 'Demon Sweat'.  You might give it a try.