pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Getting "all headers"

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Getting "all headers"
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 01:17:01 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:35:11 -0400, Chris wrote:

> Would it be possible to push the headers from another program?  In other
> words update the file(s) in .pan2/groups/xxxx with new headers grabbed
> using software that can do what I want?   I'm talking about something I
> would write that could do this.
>
> I assume all I need is the format of the group files which seems to be
> explained within the file itself.  Is this information accurate?
>
> Would there be any other files that need to be updated?

There is a newsrc-N for each server you use.  These keep track of the
articles by their number on server-N.

>> The article expiration should work the same way.  Any headers that are
>> no longer valid should be removed from the database.
>>
>> Can Pan already do this?

No, and it's the one big new thing I'd love to see in pan.  I gather it's
not trivial to add because of the multi-server nature of pan.  I'm sure
it's doable -- by someone with more energy than I have :o)