pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: message body

From: Robert Marshall
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: message body
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 06:52:53 +0100

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, Duncan wrote:

> Cad Master <address@hidden> posted address@hidden,
> excerpted below, on Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:47:48 +0200:
>
>> Can I filter messages in leafnode?? When I see messages or better say
>> when I see headers of messages >100 lines I can download them lather :o)
>
> I honestly don't know.  The cache thing and leaving it run then coming
> back for a second session, has been enough for me, so I've not tried the
> local news server option.

You can filter but I'm not sure whether it will give you this - though
having not downloaded then via leafnode you could then get them using pan
via the 'real' newsserver if you use both newssservers within pan. Once
leafnode is installed,

    man filterfile

e.g I have

# killing OS flamewars
newsgroups = alt.os.linux.mandriva
pattern = ^Newsgroups:.*[, ]alt.os.windows-xp
action = kill
# get rid of massively crossposted items
newsgroups = .*
maxcrosspost = 6
action = kill
# guess!
newsgroups = .*sex.*
maxbytes = 50000
action = kill

I use leafnode 2 - not sure how much of this is in leafnode 1 but version 2
is pretty stable! There's also delaybody mode but I've not used that -
though that is on a group basis rather than a posting length

Robert
--
Links and things http://rmstar.blogspot.com/
Robert Marshall