pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: How to remove MIME encoding?

From: Loki Harfagr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: How to remove MIME encoding?
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 00:04:42 +0200

Le lundi 30 avril 2007, Vitaly Samourov a écrit :
> Hello,

  Please avoid top-posting it make threads much harder to follow than any
cyrillic ;-)

  Now, as I understand you're having a more fatal issue with the chartables I
won't throw a flame nor a stone to you, not yet ;D)

> I have tested this (group preferences -> koi-8r), but it does not help.

  To this point, as you'll see in the quoted tests below, that's
really ***ODD*** ;-)

> Could the problem be here? -> Thunderbird uses my smtp server
> for outgoing posts, but Pan allows sending only via news server
> (Am I correct?)

  May Charles and Duncan be around at some time as I'm just one od the waterboys
and I don't know all of the "arcanes", I'd be inclined to say your theory's
wrong
but the last two years of different declinations around $'[u?u{1,3}n?]stable' in
the LK devs made me doubt a little bit about my abilities on having an advice on
moving targets ;-) (please Charles and Duncan, note that was a joke
on LK dev line, not on Pan dev line ;-)

> Maybe news server does a MIME re-encoding?

  I'd say that's pobably some relaying server that make your post a mess to
your destination server, now, why and how remain to be seen (and then burnt to
the ground.)

> Br
> -Vitali
>
> * Loki Harfagr <address@hidden> [Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:33:11 +0200]:

  So, I had a try to reproduce the trouble you have and I sent two
nntp posts to my ISP server (sorry for Fido but I can't access it and
prolly wouldn't) and I'm sorrifully glad to have to say that all went
nicely without any re-char-setting and no headers were harmed during the
tests... (er. guess'z'tim't'hit'zee'sack)

  Here are the full traces of the two posts I made towards alt.test group
the 2 of them use the W.A.N.T.E.D.
------
------

  First post is plain usual 'all american char':