pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan Windows Version

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan Windows Version
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 22:30:24 +0000 (UTC)

Dave Marshall <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 01 May 2007 20:35:04
-0400:

> </head>
> face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif">I just installed Pan for the first
> time last night on my Linux computer, and today found out that it is
> also available for Windows. Goodbye, Forte Agent! Is there a way to copy
> the configuration files (subscribed newsgroups, preferences, etc.) to
> the Windows version? <br>

Please turn off HTML when posting, at least here.  A lot of folks don't
realize it's on until someone mentions it to them.

As for copying your Linux config to use with MSWormOS, I believe some
even use a shared FAT partition for their config, and share it. =8^)

The default pan config and data location on Linux is the hidden directory
~/.pan2/.  I'm not sure where it is on MSWormOS.  However, you can point
the PAN_HOME environmental variable at a different location to have pan
look there instead (works on Linux and I believe on MSWormOS, but not
sure), or make use of symlinks if you are using an appropriate *ix side
filesystem.