pan-users

[Pan-users] Silly question about make install/uninstall

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: [Pan-users] Silly question about make install/uninstall
Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 16:49:25 -0400

Hi all,

I'm used to relying on Fink for all of my packaging needs, so compiling pan on my own has raised a couple of newbie questions. In my current setup, I cd to pan's directory, and do ./configure && make && make install. When a new version comes out, I do make uninstall in the old version's directory, and then ./configure && make && make install in the new version's directory.

My question is, is it necessary to keep the entire old pan directory around until I build a new version? I realize that I'm not using a package manager for this, and that things would be easier if I were, but is there any way to keep track of which files I need to uninstall without the entire pan directory being kept around?

Thanks for any clarification with this,
--
Benjamin D. Esham
address@hidden  |  AIM: bdesham128  |  Jabber: same as e-mail