pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Global scoring with exclusions

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Global scoring with exclusions
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 00:24:26 +0000 (UTC)

Dave <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sat, 16 Jun 2007
00:49:40 +0100:

> OK, some testing has revealed that setting an absolute score causes the
> scoring system to exit after matching the rule.  By setting the score on
> the crosspost rule to relative -9999 we can then carry on and set an
> absolute score in my ISPs internal groups on staff posting names only to
> 5000 causing it to exit at that point.

I thought an absolute score, with =, that it stopped there, was a given,
but you're right, that's what it does, so using relative scores if you
want to continue should (and you say does indeed) work.  That was going
to be my next suggestion, however.

Glad you got it working, in any case, but I'm still curious why colon is
working and not comma.  Logically, it should be the other way around, at
least for the newsgroups line.

BTW, I'd leave it alone in your case since it's working, but for anyone
else following along, there's the Newsgroups: header match, and a special
Newsgroup: (no "s") match, which by the doc is a "special" match,
matching the newsgroup one is in, not any particular header.  If you are
using that, it /might/ explain the colon working.  Like I said tho, if
whatever you have is working, no need to touch it. =8^)