pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Filtering non-Latin script postings

From: Jack Spaar
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Filtering non-Latin script postings
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 00:51:05 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:32:30 -0700, JCA wrote:

> Sometimes I come across postings in Arabic or some other languages with
> scripts other than the Roman one. How can I filter these postings out,
> assuming that the subject line (or the message body) is entirely written
> in one of such scripts?

I use the following entry in my scorefile to ignore subjects that contain
either only non-roman-alphabetics, or all non-alphabetics preceded by
"re:".  It doesn't filter subjects with a mix of roman and non.
Tweak the newsgroup appropriately if you try it.

--Jack

%BOS
%Filter out anything containing only non alphabet in subject line
%Note: pan is case insensitive for character matching.
[gmane.linux.usb.*]
Score:: -9999
        % Any of the below must match