pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: 0.131 randomly deletes my preferences and/or groups

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: 0.131 randomly deletes my preferences and/or groups
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 13:29:09 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan wrote:

> Benjamin Esham wrote:
>
> > I'm using Pan 0.131 on Mac OS X.  A couple of times recently, I have
> > launched pan to find that my preferences were gone, and one of these
> > times my groups had disappeared as well.
>
> Generally, something like this tends to be a filesystem or physical
> storage medium issue.  You've not crashed and had a corrupted filesystem
> to scan and repair after a reboot lately, right?  How regularly do you do
> preventive fscks (or whatever Apple calls them)?  I know nothing about
> what sort of filesystem Apple uses, but that's what I'd be looking at.

I haven't had any crashes, no.  I ran a fsck-like utility and it found no
problems, so it seems my filesystem ("Mac OS Extended", if you were
wondering) is fine.  By the way, a couple of moments ago I accidentally
started two invocations of pan... oops.  Data loss again.  I'm not sure how
multiple invocations are supposed to work—OS X allows only one copy of a
program to be running at a time—but this seems like it shouldn't happen.
Unless a more clueful *nix user corrects me, I'll file a bug on this.

Thanks for the help anyway,
--
Benjamin D. Esham
address@hidden  |  AIM: bdesham128  |  Jabber: same as e-mail