pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Posting a message with a long URL

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Posting a message with a long URL
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:34:06 +0000 (UTC)

Bas Mevissen <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon, 16 Jul 2007
14:26:26 +0200:

> In current Pan, I cannot find a way to do that. Maybe this is due to the
> use of a standard Gnome edit widget. Can it be done with some trick or
> do we need a change in the code?

AFAIK it's not possible to do it now, but I /think/ it's due to the new
auto-wrapping code, which hasn't been updated to make that possible yet,
as opposed to anything inherent in the widget.

I've just been noting "beware of line wrapping" or the like in my posts.
Alternatively, use one of several services similar to shorterlink.com or
tinylink.com .