pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Use of radio buttons to select a download's queue positi

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Use of radio buttons to select a download's queue position.
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 20:06:58 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 13:30:25 -0400, Dave Chand wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>      The combo-box gui interface which is currently used to select
> which postion in the task queue that a download goes is great, but
> sometimes I wonder if little radio buttons would not be more convenient
> way of choosing where the download should be positioned in the task
> queue...

I like it.  In fact, I'd prefer that the Action choices would also be
radio buttons.  I took forever to figure out that I could pick between
three formats -- I never noticed that there were choices at all, in
fact, until Charles pointed it out to me.

The basic advantage of a drop-down menu is that the programmer doesn't
need to know in advance how many items to expect -- e.g. a file-chooser.
In this case the number of choices is small and fixed, so radio buttons
would actually be more intuitive, I think.