pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Strange message reading error

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Strange message reading error
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 09:39:17 +0000 (UTC)

Per Hedeland <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Thu,
09 Aug 2007 10:20:18 +0200:

>>Appears to me that the "body" of this post is really the first
>>attachment of five, the last four being jpegs.
>
> This is the way MIME works - the term "attachment" is really a misnomer
> in the MIME world, MIME doesn't have attachments, it has multipart
> messages such as this one (which is a different thing than the
> "multiparts" we often talk about in the pan context) - in typical
> "attachment" usage as shown here, the overall Content-Type is
> multipart/mixed, with the first part being Content-Type text/plain and
> containing the text that the user composed, and the other parts
> "something else" (or they can be text/plain too if you "attached" text
> files of course).

[snip the rest for length, great tho it was]

I think you actually did better on explaining that part of MIME this time
than I would have, particularly since I was contemplating a "short
form" (for me) version this time, covering only the content in question.
But you covered it so well there's no much left to say. =8^)

See guys, I'm not the only one that can write such nice detailed
explanations!