pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Disable emoticon display

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Disable emoticon display
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 23:19:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 19:46:00 +0000, Gustavo Rondina wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Sorry if I am asking this in the wrong place, but how can I disable the
> emoticons display in Pan?  I want to visualize a semi-colon followed by
> a right parenthesis rather than a smiley face.
>
> Other than that, where can I find documentation about Pan?  I'd like
> some documentation about configuring and customizing it.

TINFM (there is no fine manual :o)  <----- Do you see an emoticon here?

Pan2 is still considered beta-ware, and that's why TINFM (yet).  You
did the right thing by asking here, and that's what we all do.  I still
ask questions about things that are in the preferences menus and I just
forget about them (and the menus have changed fairly often since I first
used pan2).

I've learned a great deal by examining the config files in ~/.pan,
some of which you can edit by hand but are *not* in the menus.
It's a good place to start, anyway.