pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Previews gone screwy

From: stevem
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Previews gone screwy
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 17:26:09 -0700

On Saturday 20 October 2007, Dave Chand wrote:
> I like Brian's patch, but I wonder what changed from gtk+2.10 to gtk
> +2.12, to cause this problem?
> Is it a pan bug or a gtk bug? Please let us know what Matthias has to
> say about this.

I filed a bug against gtk+2.0 with all the information from this list.
Here's the reply from the maintainer:

On Saturday 20 October 2007, Loïc Minier wrote:
>  I just loaded a 530 KB image with the gdk-pixbuf loader mechanism
> (with the gtk-demo program) and it worked fine.  Please provide a
> sample picture and mention which part of Gtk API you're using if that's
> relevant.
>
>  For reference, this is what identify told me on the test image I used:
> /usr/share/gtk-2.0/demo/alphatest.png JPEG 2048x1536 DirectClass 573kb
>
>  You can test gdk-pixbuf loaders by overwriting the above image from
>  gtk2.0-examples and running "Images" from gtk-demo.

Doesn't answer the question about who's responsible but the gtk folks will
want more facts.  Since I can't answer to pan's implementation of the
library, I asked Loic to await data from real pan coders.

stevem