pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Preview Screwed Up

From: David Shochat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Preview Screwed Up
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 11:41:45 -0500

Quoting Graham <address@hidden>:

There was a fairly long thread about this a short while ago.

I'm afraid I didn't see the thread to its conclusion, so I don't know
what solutions were offered, but I see its still occurring.

Pan is currently useless for viewing graphic binaries, so is there an
end in sight?

Useless unless you apply the patch which I recall came from walt (or get a binary from someone who has applied the patch). Hopefully a new release will appear if only just to take care of this one issue. The fix (or workaround, depending on whether the error is in Pan or in gtk+) is straightforward. See the archives. For the original thread, I think the subject was "Previews gone crazy" There is a link to the patch in one of the last postings in the thread.
-- David