pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: 'Old' Pan for PCLinuxOS?

From: Glenn
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: 'Old' Pan for PCLinuxOS?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 06:38:03 -0700

On Friday 15 February 2008 12:07:01 Maurice wrote:
> On Friday 15 February 2008 18:23:15 Duncan wrote:
> > Interesting.  So all you needed was an rpm handler?  I thought pclinuxos
> > was based on mandr(ake|iva), and thus rpm based already, and that it
> > followed that it had rpm handling built-in?  Is that incorrect?
>
>    Not really. It does have RPM, but for some reason  'rpm -i <package>'
> caused "Cannot obtain lock" errors. Nothing to do with dependencies.
>
>   Mandriva has URPMI.  PCLinuxOS has KPackage (which hooks into Konqueror).

Actually, PCLinuxOS uses Synaptic as the GUI for the RPMs, which would have
taken care of the dependencies for you, no problem.  And, so far as the
Mandriva-ness of it is concerned, it's steadily drifted from that over the
last several major releases.

--
06:35:50 up 5 days, 23:52, running PCLinuxOS release 2007 (PCLinuxOS) for
i586, kernel 2.6.18.8.tex5

He who laughs, lasts.