pan-users

[Pan-users] Switched servers, now new messages appear as read

From: Scott I. Remick
Subject: [Pan-users] Switched servers, now new messages appear as read
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 20:15:09 -0500

Am experiencing an odd problem. I recently switched USENET providers, and now when new messages come in on subscribed groups, a lot of times they are already marked read which is really messing things up. These are groups I was subscribed to before on my old USENET provider so I'm suspecting that some old data is being carried over. I have already tried unsubscribing and re-subscribing to some of the groups but to no avail. I would think that should be sufficient to clear out old index data, but I guess not (making this a bit of a bug). An official bug-fix aside, any suggestions on a good way to clear out this info? I'm not sure what files this data is being stored in.

Using Pan 0.132 on FreeBSD.

Thanks