pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Is this project still alive?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Is this project still alive?
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:05:50 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sat, 21 Jun 2008
01:35:55 +0000:

> Ben Bullock <address@hidden>
> posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Fri, 20 Jun 2008
> 23:18:01 +0000:
>
>> On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 05:37:05 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>>
>>> JCA posted as excerpted below, on Thu, 19 Jun 2008 07:27:50 -0600:

>>> Well, yes, but not really at the moment.
>>
>> Has anyone heard from Charles Kerr about this?

FWIW, nothing direct from him, but I just updated from svn, and in
addition to a couple l10n updates, there's a /small/ bit of life on the
main trunk.  According to svn log ...

A change was made (by "fejj", presumably a GNOME dude, on June 9th,
revision 337) to compile with new glib.  However, whoever fejj is, he
apparently didn't look at the associated bug and didn't take the patch
there, doing something else (including <glib.h>) instead (and breaking
the patch while he was at it. =8^( ).  That's a minimal but IIRC not
absolutely proper fix, based on our testing on the bug.  Still, it's
likely to be "enough for now" and this fejj dude probably wasn't
comfortable modifying sources he wasn't maintainer for.

Talking about which... in the same revision, a MAINTAINERS file was added
(with Charles listed), altho the svn log doesn't mention it.  The in-
sources Changelog wasn't updated either, unfortunately, so only those
checking the svn log will see what was changed/added.

That's the only recent activity beyond i10n updates.  The gcc-4.3 and the
*.nzb files buffer overflow bugs/patches remain untouched, and it wasn't
Charles that did the minimal glib fix either.