pan-users

[Pan-users] Problem with the list of headers

From: Joe Zeff
Subject: [Pan-users] Problem with the list of headers
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:14:42 -0700

I'm using the latest version of Pan, under Linux. Sometimes, when I'm done reading the new posts in my favorite (text only) news group, Pan will tell me there are still one or more unread messages. The only way to find them is to change the settings so that it shows all messages selected (but not their threads) and only unread messages.

That would be bad enough, but It Gets Worse. There's one member of the group that Pan is set to Ignore. (To be fair, he didn't like something I said and killfiled me, publicly, so I quietly did the same so as not to look like an idiot by responding to him by accident.) Back in Windows, Forte Agent could be set to mark his posts as read as soon as the headers came in, but all Pan can do is claim to Ignore them. In fact, it tells me that there are unread messages. In this case, all I can do is have it show posts I want ignored, select them and mark them read. Is there a way to tell Pan that I really, truly, unequivocally want those posts marked as read (or deleted; that'd be OK too) instead of left sitting there?