pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Helper program bug with latest gtk (windows)

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Helper program bug with latest gtk (windows)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 14:53:11 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:50:42 +0000, drbob wrote:

> Hello,
>
> With the latest version of gtk+ for windows (2.12.10) installed,
> clicking on a url or mail address in pan fails to open my web browser or
> email program - the following error is displayed in the event pane:
>
> failed to execute helper program (invalid argument)
>
> If I revert to gtk 2.10.14 the error does not occur and helper programs
> are launched normally.
>
> I don't know if this is a by-design change in gtk 2.12 that pan does not
> support, a bug in gtk, or a bug in pan. Any of those scenarios could
> explain the error message. Just posting here in the hope it will help
> anyone else encountering the problem.
>
> You can get the current and older builds of gtk for windows from here:
> http://gtk-win.sourceforge.net/

I'm running gtk 2.12.11 on linux and clicking your gtk link works
correctly for me.  You might try starting pan from a DOS prompt with
the --debug flag to see if it gives you anything useful.  It would
be nice to see what the invalid argument actually is.

BTW I'm running pan compiled from the current svn source, so there
have been a few bug fixes lately that you don't have yet.  Where did
you get your windows version of pan?