pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: [Pan-uesers] re-Hey panfins, check my headers

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: [Pan-uesers] re-Hey panfins, check my headers
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:07:36 +0000 (UTC)

Kurt Schilling <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Thu, 31 Jul
2008 09:06:50 -0400:

>> and from the config.log I find:
>>
>> conftest.c:39:18: error: glib.h: No such file or directory

So you need glib.h, which is probably in glib-dev or possibly glib2-dev.
I'm running Gentoo, so couldn't help you with the package it's in, but
for whatever it's worth:

$equery belongs glib.h
[ Searching for file(s) glib.h in *... ]
dev-libs/glib-2.16.5 (/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib.h)

(Gentoo doesn't split up packages into -dev and binaries, because
everything's compiled from source so there's little point -- if you want
one, particularly for a library, you want the other as well.)

But Rhialto's idea is sound.  If there's a way to build the previous
version, 0.132, from source, try that.  It should "automagically" bring
in all the needed deps, since little has changed except pan now compiles
without needing patches against the latest glib and gcc... but the
patches to do it were created with backward compatibility in mind, so
they shouldn't have screwed up older versions.