pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: freeze, high CPU getting new headers

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: freeze, high CPU getting new headers
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 01:43:12 +0000 (UTC)

Kurt Schilling <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Fri, 08 Aug 2008
20:54:38 -0400:

> No enough horsepower on my machines to compile my own kernel :-{ Not
> that I'm adept enough to try it ATM, still quite the rookie at *nix.

386s compiled their own kernels... taking maybe half an hour to do so.
The kernel is bigger now, but you can still compile it on pretty much
anything x86 that'll run it.  It'll just take a few minutes.

OTOH, on my dual dual-core Opteron 290 (2.8 GHz) with 8 gig memory and
multiple jobs to parallelize it, it takes about a minute. =8^)