pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: GigaNews warns "Usenet Growth Reveals Need for 64-bit Ba

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: GigaNews warns "Usenet Growth Reveals Need for 64-bit Based Article Numbering"
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:11:09 +0000 (UTC)

Beso <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted
below, on  Mon, 25 Aug 2008 16:06:13 +0200:

> this might mean quite a big trouble with klibido too...

Indeed... and probably thunderbird and claws and knode and... and...

BTW, "long" is 32-bit on x86_64 too, right?  Or is it 64-bit?  I know the
addresses are 64-bit, but if I'm not mistaken, one of the porting issues
was that a lot of software expected memory addresses to be unsigned long
and on 64-bit, they're not, but rather unsigned long long, or /something/
like that.  Did I get it right?  And plain int, is that 16-bit, or 32?