pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] VDQ : xterm font size -- aaarrrgghhh ...

From: Rhialto
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] VDQ : xterm font size -- aaarrrgghhh ...
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 17:30:49 +0200

On Fri 05 Sep 2008 at 14:35:09 -0400, Rinaldi J. Montessi wrote:
> alias xterm="xterm -fa andale:size=11:charwidth=10 -bg LightYellow
> -title $USER -rightbar -ls"

A little known feature of xterm is that you can change font sizes from
the keyboard, using shift plus the plus or minus keys on the numeric
keypad. That chooses the fonts from the font size menu (control + 3rd
mouse button), but if you use TrueType fonts (using -fa) it will resize
those as well. But apparently ONLY if you specify the size with "-fs
11", not with the size embedded in the font name, as in the above
example.

term -fa andale -fs 11

Oh, and I prefer my scrollbars on the left hand side, since in
text-based windows it keeps the scrollbar closer to the text, so you
need to move the mouse less. Unless you have right-to-left text of
course.

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.