pan-users

[Pan-users] How to get messages vissible

From: Julien Michielsen
Subject: [Pan-users] How to get messages vissible
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:15:49 +0200

Long time ago I got pan working, and thought it was a great news-reading
tool. However, it doesn't work any more as it did. After starting it up
(pan-0.132-120.1) I get the pan-panel with "File Edit View .. Help" at
the top. Below this line the large panel is divided in two panels, the
left one showing "subscribed groups" with right below a group I want the
messages of. with a number of messages behind, and there below "other
groups"
like
\/ Subscribed groups
        nl.wetenschap (4732)
>  Other groups

The right panel shows "Subject" at the top, then an empty sub-panel, and
at the bottem a second dub-panel with "from at" at the top, and again an
empty sub-panel below.

I've got a directory ~/.pan , and this is a symlink to a pan-directory
on a different partition. This directory has the subdirectories
New Server, messages (with subdirs cache (empty) and folders (with a
subdir pan.sendlater) and a directory news.xs4all.nl (xs4all.nl being
the name of my provider). This last directory contains the newsgroups I
could subscribe to on this server, and for the newsgroups subscribed to
entrys like the one below (only the top one from a large file):

..[] top of the file
11
5659
<address@hidden>
address@hidden
Coen
Re: De Aarde werd groter, toch..?
<address@hidden>
<slrneh4omc.n6t.ruben-new
address@hidden> <address@hidden>
<45126ef5$0$452
address@hidden> <address@hidden>
newsspool.news.xs4all.nl nl.wetenschap:246540
0
0
22
1707
1158838013
246540
0
<address@hidden>
..[]20 lines further

I think all of this looks all right. Apart of the fact I can't see the
contents of the group "nl.wetenschap", although I'm subscribed to it.
Anyone a clue what mistake I made?
Thank you
--
Julien Michielsen