pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Threading problem

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Threading problem
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 16:17:00 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 21:50:56 +0000, walt wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 19:57:51 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
>
>>      Somebody please take a glance at gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user,
>> particularly at two threads started by me on Sunday the 21st and
>> Wednesday the 24th of this month. Every new reply from somebody named
>> vitamin starts a new thread...
>
> Pan is behaving properly.  Vitamin's replies are missing an important
> header.  Here is that header taken from your reply to vitamin:
>
> Pan is correctly creating the "References" header pointing to vitamin's
> post, but hisher replies to you are lacking it.  Might be interesting to
> ask vitamin how he/she is reading and posting to the group.  That's kind
> of an important bug.

        It turns out that somebody with the power to do so has chosen to
cultivate some so-called forum -- meaning, I presume, a web site; so I
was advised to go there (with a browser, instead of using Pan at all, I
take it).

        I told them it wasn't worth it, partly because I no longer
believe wine can yet do what I need it to -- maybe for the Alpha Plus
Technoids, but not for the likes of me, not yet. <sigh>

Fedora 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
Dillo 0.8.6, Galeon 2, Epiphany 2, Opera 9, Firefox 2 & 3