pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Compile problems with pan-0.133

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Compile problems with pan-0.133
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 23:51:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 19:21:33 +0000, Phil Grundig wrote:

> Putting:
>
> #define UNUSED
>
> at the top of progress.h did indeed get past this error. Thanks!  Maybe
> someone could file a bug for this for this version of gcc.
>
> make -DUNUSED doesn't seem to be a recognized argument to make.

Did you use -DUNUSED as above?  If so, the digit 1 will be substituted
for 'UNUSED', which is not what you want.  You want to use -DUNUSED='',
which substitutes the empty string instead of the digit 1.

> But now I have new problems further on:
> worker-pool.cc:72: error: parse error before `__attribute__'

Same problem, different file.  If using -DUNUSED='' doesn't work, then
you can change its definition in pan/general/debug.h instead.  See the
last few lines of debug.h:

#ifndef UNUSED
#ifdef __GNUC__
#define UNUSED __attribute__((unused))
#else
#define UNUSED
#endif
#endif

You could just delete all of those lines except #define UNUSED, and
then all of the pan source files will pick it up from there.