pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: setting PAN_HOME *does* work; moving doesnt

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: setting PAN_HOME *does* work; moving doesnt
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 00:58:16 +0000 (UTC)

Beso <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted
below, on  Thu, 27 Nov 2008 21:08:00 +0000:

> but i've also noticed a strange thing: for some reason when i try to
> copy the .pan2 folder of another user this ends to be broken. pan isn't
> able to read the data stored in the folder from the other user. and the
> contents of the files inside pan2 directory has exactly the same format
> and intestation. on this issue, if this would apply to you, i call out
> duncan as i think he might be able to figure out something of his bigger
> knowledge about this project.

See my reply at the sibling level to yours for one possibility/bug, but
the one that sticks out here is permissions.  You said you copied the
data over, but you didn't mention changing the permissions so the new
user can read it.  Did you forget to change permissions, or did you
forget to mention doing so? =:^)