pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 1.33, Windows XP and GTK themes

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 1.33, Windows XP and GTK themes
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:24:39 +0100

2009/7/29 Steve Davies <address@hidden>:

> yEnc / Multipart JPG files.
>
> I have not checked this, but suspect that the GMime changes may have
> broken it. I do have a patch related to this which was for much older
> Pan, and I thought it was in the GIT build already, but I will check.

Replying to my own post - This is I think an "intentional" change in
the GIT builds, but my GTK/GMime knowledge is not sufficient to know
the reasoning behind the change.

I have found 3 places in the code where the native 0.133 loops through
all GMIME_MULTIPART blocks, and processes them. Two are in
./pan/gui/body-pane.cc, and one in ./pan/gui/gui.cc

In the GIT branch, any attempt to recurse using
g_mime_multipart_foreach() has been ripped out of
./pan/gui/body-pane.cc, though the one in ./pan/gui/gui.cc remains -
There is a subtle difference between the two pieces of code, and I
wonder if taking this out was a stopgap fix that now needs to be done
properly?

I'll have a crack at it to see whether I can find an obvoius answer,
but feedback from K.Haley would probably be the best way forward :)

Steve