pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: defaault posting profile?

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: defaault posting profile?
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 23:23:12 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 22:53:14 +0000, Gary wrote:

> On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 19:50:12 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
>
>> My experience is that it's not the first profile that's set up, but the
>> first profile that's in the profile list alphabetically.
>>
>> Jim
>
> Your experience is similar to mine.  :-/

What I did (because my first profile was one that had a very specific use
on a news server where I access with multiple identities) was create a
dummy news server and a default profile called "A Default Profile" (none
of my other profiles start with "A" so this shows up first in the list).
Point that profile to the dummy news server (0.0.0.0) so when I post in a
group that I haven't set a profile in, Pan generates an error.

That prompts me to set a profile. :-)

Jim

--
 Jim Henderson