pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan crashes on start of program

From: Ron Johnson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan crashes on start of program
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 22:40:33 -0500

On 2009-08-08 22:08, Doug Saylor wrote:
 UNR = Ubuntu Netbook Remix

Ok, ok.

CLI is something I choose to stay away from.

Closed minds use Windows.

                                             One could go on & on about
how great it is, I know. I actually understand the benefits, but my
carrer is not computers.

Irrelevant.

                         When I was 10 I had a Vic 20 & remember all that
brain damage... jeez it was YEARS before I got back into computers. Wana
scare 99.99% of people away from computers, send 'um over to the CLI.

Good.  Most people shouldn't use computers.

                                                                       I'm
not against learning it now, but it does seem to be a lot to learn.
Windows mentality -- yeah, GUI, things work, reinstalling WORKS, less
brain damage then having to lean the WHOLE CLI stuff.

Don't be stupid.

                                                       I mean are YOU
going to help me go step by step with the CLI? If so, I'm here to learn.

Excellent!

Open a command window and type the word "pan" (no quotes), then press the <Enter> key.

But if I'm expected to choose between learing the entire CLI before I can
ask a question or reinstalling, I'll reinstall, solve my problem & my
head won't hurt. I've choose to learn Linux because of the "free" spirit
& simplicity.

General purpose computers are *not* simple. Never have been, and never will be.