pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: What's the status of new development?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: What's the status of new development?
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 07:23:26 +0000 (UTC)

darren posted on Sun, 03 Feb 2008 11:34:09 -0800 as excerpted:

A year and a half belated (I'm going thru old posts I had kept marked as
unread, to check later), but thanks for the info.  I had no idea it had
that many front-ends, and seeing the qt one, I'll keep it in mind in case
kde4's ktorrent doesn't work well the next time I need to use it.  Of
course, I don't know if that's qt3 or qt4, but I've just spent the last
couple months switching to kde4 and getting everything reconfigured the
way I want, and now no longer have kde3 or indeed qt3 on the system.

FWIW, I discovered the qt4 based smplayer in the process, as a substitute
for kaffeine, which doesn't have a kde4 version out yet.  I'm "pleased as
punch" with it, and don't think I care about kaffeine any longer, as
smplayer's even more powerful than kaffeine for kde3 was. =:^)  The
point, besides passing on an smplayer recommendation =:^), is that a lot
of kde4 apps aren't up to their kde3 counterparts yet, and I'm looking
elsewhere, particularly at qt4 apps since I need it anyway, for kde4.
Thus, the transmission qt interface was interesting, and I may well end
up using transmission with either the terminal/ncurses interface or the
qt4 interface (assuming it's qt4) if I find ktorrent for kde4 isn't what
the kde3 version was.