pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Building Pan on Windows?

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Building Pan on Windows?
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:02:10 +0000

On 15 March 2010 20:22, Petr Kovar <address@hidden> wrote:
> Jeremy Elliott, Fri, 5 Mar 2010 07:13:20 -0800 (PST):
>
>> Hey, I've looked through the archives, plus tried searching, and can't
>> find any instructions on building Pan from source using Windows. I
>> thought that I'd saw it before, but can't find it now.
>>
>> Does anyone have detailed instructions on doing this? Also, has their
>> been any development in the last two years? The latest version I'm seeing
>> is 0.133, have their been any changes made to the source that would make
>> compiling it worthwhile?
>>
>> Thanks for any and all answers!
>
> OK, to the original question: I don't know about how accurate and/or
> up-to-date the document is, but here you are:
>
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/pan2/tree/README.mingw
>
> (Yes, it's stored directly in the Pan source code repository.)

Good point - I meant to answer that question and instead hijacked the
thread. Sorry!

That document is the one I originally used to build the Pan win32
installer, and I used it again to update GTK etc, so while you may
need to use Google to find recent URLs for some components, it is a
fairly useable document for a capable compiler/Makefile user.

Regards,
Steve