pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.134 "Wait for Me"

From: David Shochat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.134 "Wait for Me"
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 07:29:10 -0500

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 11:18 PM, mattman^ <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Would it be possible to post the .dmg of this or is it specific to
> your mac since it was built on it?  Would love to put Pan on my
> macbook.

See my previous follow-up:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/pan-users/2011-02/msg00016.html
pan for the Mac is /not/ a normal Mac app. It is more like a typical
*nix X-client. It depends on numerous other libraries. My easy way of
getting all those on my system was:
1. Install the MacPorts version of pan (sudo port install pan2). This
has the side effect of bringing in all those dependencies.
2. Build the latest pan from source in the same way as on Linux
(configure, make, sudo make install).
So first, install Xcode (to get gcc etc.), X-11 (these 2 come with
MacOSX) and MacPorts (http://www.macports.org/). I haven't checked
lately -- MacPorts may have 0.134 by now, in which case you can
dispense with step 2.
-- David