pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Is GTK 3 supported?

From: Jeff Berman
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Is GTK 3 supported?
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:12:54 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message ----

<snip>

> Meanwhile, the normal "modern"  installation and version detection method
> uses pkgconfig, with the package  config data stored in *.pc files.

Duncan, thank you... that helped a lot.  I ended up installing GTK-2 and got
Pan
to compile.  I didn't know about pkgconfig, it seems that is a "registry" of
sorts that tracks what is installed and where.  Very interesting!  I only have
enough knowledge to get into trouble, really.  This is on OS X, incidentally,
so
that's why I have limited exposure to all of this.

At any rate, it is now working and it was a great opportunity to update all the
dependencies and get some compiling and troubleshooting practice.  :-)

Jeff