pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan on windows?

From: Sapient Fridge
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan on windows?
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 08:46:14 +0100

Apologies for the lack of threading, I was getting the digest but realised I
can't reply to any particular message that way.

> Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 10:28:01 +0100
> From: Steve Davies <address@hidden>
>
>     http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/
> Will take you to the same place as
>     http://preview.tinyurl.com/3wrhtmw
> with a couple of extra clicks on the way. The difference being that
> the page in the middle
>     http://sites.google.com/site/paninstall/
> Provides some information on the dependencies, extra downloads, and
> where to get them from.
>
> Hope that helps.
> Steve

It did, a lot!  Thanks to everyone who pointed me to the windows installer.
I eventually downloaded and ran it up after checking that the links appeared
trustworthy.  Works great, beats the crap out of Thunderbird (as I thought
it would :-)

Some questions:

1) You said that http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/ would take me to the
download site for windows, but it doesn't actually mention the 0.134 windows
installer at all.  It has a link to the 0.133 windows installer and a link
for the 0.134 source code but no link the 0.134 windows installer that I
could see, or am I just being blind?

2) Is there any way of automatically downloading all the message bodies
rather than just the headers?  My ISP's news service is a bit intermittent
and my old newsreader (Turnpike) would download and cache everything
(including the bodies) it could as soon as available so I rarely had to wait
for anything  to arrive.  I realise I can select everything and hit "Cache
Article" but is there any way of *automatically* downloading and caching new
message bodies as soon as I open Pan?

3) How do I see the raw source text of an article?   I sometimes send in
spam complaints but to do that you have to send in the full headers and I
can't work out how to get them from Pan.

BTW:  Great piece of software, it's come on fantastically well in the 10
years since I last used it.  Looks really good!

 Cheers,
Sapient Fridge