pan-users

[Pan-users] quick notes

From: K. Haley
Subject: [Pan-users] quick notes
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 01:55:50 -0600

1. The cross posting problem:
  Pan keeps track of the highest xover article number in the xov file.
It then retrieves headers from this value up to the servers current
high.  This value is only changed when retrieving headers.  The only
times headers get removed are when you delete them and when they
expire.  You could grep the group file for one of the missing articles
message-id's.  You could also try set pan to show matched articles,
I've had occasional trouble with the show matched & threads setting.
It's easy to spot when I see an unread count and no articles in the tree.

2. Mainly a note to myself to set up a timer to automatically save the
newsrc files after articles have been marked.

3. I haven't looked at any of the signature code.  As far as I know my
work on text wrapping shouldn't affect it.

I've been really busy lately so I haven't had time to work on pan.