pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Kill-file: no "mark as read"?

From: Ron Blizzard
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Kill-file: no "mark as read"?
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 17:42:22 -0500

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Again, this works, without the problem of marking the whole group read,
> thus undoing any deliberately marked-unread-to-come-back-to-later
> marking.  It's not as good as having it handled automatically based on
> score would be, but given that's not an option ATM, the above two methods
> are the best I've come up with as work-arounds.

My problem is, if I see the post, I'm likely to read it -- even if it
is color-coded to ignore. So, on the rare occasions when I do mark a
post "unread" to come back to later, I just don't mark the group
"read" until I've finished with that particular message. I only read
two groups so it's not as big a deal for me as it would be for others.
Though the one group I do read is heavily infested with trolls and I
make heavy use of the score file.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.6