pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Coding guidelines?

From: Rui Maciel
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Coding guidelines?
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 13:36:24 +0100

On 04/06/2012 06:26 PM, Heinrich Müller wrote:
To bump this:
If you want to and are familiar with pan's guts, you can always try and
squash some bugzilla bugs. If you want you can get in contact with me on
IRC. We can also discuss some features and ideas for future versions.
One thing I want to implement is database support with slite, for
example.

leafnode, #pan

I'm not very familiar with pan's entrails, but I can take a crack at it.

The thing is, without adequate documentation it is painful to try to discern how and why things are/were done. So, before venturing into some bug squashing it would be better to invest some effort into documenting stuff. By "documentation" I don't necessarily mean comments placed throughout the source files, but any source of information that described for example how things are structured and how they interact. The ideal solution would be a wiki, where anyone could add their personal insight. A wiki would also be considerably useful in any other venture. So, is is possible to set up a wiki for pan?

Rui Maciel