pan-users

[Pan-users] gnutls error: hostname does not match server name

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] gnutls error: hostname does not match server name
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 13:18:47 -0700

Hi Heinrich,

I finally figured out why pan is rejecting the cert from my news servers
even though I click on "always trust cert" an infinite number of times.

At least I think I know :)

Both of my for-pay servers are smaller resellers who use certs with names
that don't match the URL of the server, unlike the top-tier news providers.

So my question is whether gnutls provides fine-grained methods for ignoring
specific errors and allowing others?

Or, should pan just not verify the cert at all if I've checked "always trust"?
I'm inclined to vote for that option as long as I have at least one chance
to refuse the certificate before connecting to the server.

Other opinions are invited, of course.