pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Are kill-filed messages shown as non read messages?

From: Steven D'Aprano
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Are kill-filed messages shown as non read messages?
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 02:54:33 +1000

Bob wrote:
On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 02:09:12 +1000, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

Bob wrote:
Was going through my groups this morning and noticed no recent activity
in this group, so I marked all as read, and then marked all threads as
read.

I moved to another group to do the same, and noticed that I still had
58 messages marked as unread in the group I had just marked as all
read.
If they're kill-filed, they're hardly read, are they?

No, they aren't read, but they then should not show up if they are killed as
they are not available for reading.

Actually they are. Kill-filed posts are just filtered. If you go to View:Header Pane menu, you will see the very last entry is "Match scores of -9999 (ignored)". If you select that, the kill-filed posts will appear.

--
Steven