pan-users

[Pan-users] What do the time frames mean on killed authors?

From: Alan Meyer
Subject: [Pan-users] What do the time frames mean on killed authors?
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 18:03:07 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to better understand the temporary kill feature.

Let's say that it is July 15, 2012.  I look at a message dated May 15, 2012.  I
decide that the author is someone I don't want to hear from but I'll try him
again later, so I kill all messages from that author for six months.

My first question is, when is the six months up?  Is it six months from the day
I applied the filter, July 15, or six months from the date of the message I was
viewing when I applied the filter, May 15?

The next question is, are all messages from the user killed for six months,
even if a date on the message falls on one side or the other of the six months
time period?  Or is it only messages within the time period that are rendered
invisible?

Finally, what happens next?  At the end of six months (whenever that is) do all
messages from that user become visible again, including the ones that were
previously made invisible?  Or is it just the messages posted after the get out
of jail date that become visible?

Thanks.

--
Alan Meyer