pan-users

[Pan-users] pan -> mbox

From: Thufir
Subject: [Pan-users] pan -> mbox
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 09:36:07 -0700

Can I use pan for this, or do I need tin?

    "I don't know of any usenet software that will fetch articles into an
    'mbox' file (but it seems that most newsreaders will 'save' posted
    articles
    in that format so that they can be read using an email client - slrn
    certainly does, even though it can't read mbox files).

The tin newsreader can fetch articles in batch mode and can save them
in mbox format or mail them."

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Misc/
news.software.readers/2007-06/msg00874.html