pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] pan 0.139 crash with large groups

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] pan 0.139 crash with large groups
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 01:58:46 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 01 Sep 2012 02:04:06 +0200, wim delvaux wrote:

> for some reason pan crashes when I want to open a group containing lots
> of messages.

Define "lots of messages". :)

I use pan with groups that can have over 20,000 active messages (a
control.cancel group that pan occasionally decides to reload everything
from), and on one news server, there's a group that has about 650,000
messages in it - though I expire messages in pan on a 14-day basis, so
generally I don't have that kind of message count in my local database.

But specificity is always better than generality in a situation like
this. :)

Jim
--
 Jim Henderson