pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] UIP where?

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] UIP where?
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 20:53:27 +0000 (UTC)

Beartooth posted on Sun, 18 Nov 2012 19:53:46 +0000 as excerpted:

> The Usenet Improvement Project offers a filter for Pan
>
> [*]
> Score:: =-9999
>
> but it doesn't say where to put it. I don't see a canonical-looking
> place it go??

That would go in the scorefile itself (text-edit added, not via the pan
UI).

The [] lines indicate the newsgroup (*-wildcard in this case) and start a
section.  The Score: lines start an individual score, and the Message-ID:
lines are conditions for applying that score.  (Without looking it up to
be sure, I believe Score: single-colon indicates AND, ALL conditions
would need to match to trigger, Score:: double-colon indicates OR, ANY
matched condition triggers.)